Copyright Infringement Complaints
The Tree of Life Project will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the privileges of contributors who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this website, please submit a Copyright Infringement Complaint. Contributors who feel that an infringement complaint has been filed in error may contest a complaint.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement be in writing. For the Tree of Life Project to act on your complaint, you must be authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed.When informing the Tree of Life Project of an alleged copyright infringement, you should:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are involved, please provide a representative list of such works.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit the Tree of Life Project to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner's agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided to the Tree of Life Project is accurate. You should attest under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed.
- Include your physical or electronic signature.
The Tree of Life Project may not be able to act on your complaint promptly or at all if you do not provide this information.
Please submit your Copyright Infringement Complaint in one of the following ways: